Monday, October 8, 2012

A Powerful Tool You Can Use For Improving Your Health

I'm on a mission. My mission is to help as many people as I possibly can achieve and maintain their ideal mental and physical fitness levels. I must admit I do this for some very selfish reasons. The biggest is the cost of poor health to our economic system.
Now before we go on I want to tell you a little bit about me because don't want you to get me mixed up with someone who has never struggled with their weight. A few years ago I weighed 198 pounds and had a cholesterol level of 230, even though I exercised regularly. Today I weigh 170 pounds and my cholesterol level is about 172. I did all of this without medication (or surgery).
Let me give you a new statistic I recently read from the U.S. Government that completely floored me. The number of people who are obese has exceeded the number of people who are overweight.
For those of you that would like to know how these things are determined obesity and overweight are calculated using the BMI (Body Mass Index) formula. Someone with a BMI of 25 to 29 is classified as overweight, while 30 to 40 counts as obese. Anything over a 40 is morbidly obese. You can calculate your BMI by dividing your weight in pounds by height in inches squared, and then multiplying by a conversion factor of 703.
The National Center for Health Statistics report that more than 34 percent of Americans are obese compared to 32.7 percent who are overweight. It also reported that slightly below 6 percent are "extremely" obese. Oh, by the way when you add these three numbers together (34% + 32.7% + 6%) you get 72.7% of all Americans are at the very least overweight. What do you think this is this doing to our nation's health?
Maybe you are like many of us who wish to lose weight or get in better shape. Perhaps you're concerned about your health. Maybe you've even made the decision to take better care of your body. Even with all this you might be asking yourself if there are things you could be doing to be healthier. The answer is yes!
When it comes right down to it, when you choose the right foods and exercise regularly, you look and feel better. You also reduce your stress levels, sleep more soundly, have more energy, and enjoy better health. But sometimes making the right choices isn't as easy as it other people make it out to be, is it? No it's not. That why today I want to give you a simple thing you can do to help you make positive choices and achieve the better health you so crave and deserve!
Need More Motivation?
I help people gain their ideal body image regularly through the use of hypnosis and NLP. If you like my help you can call me at (800) 989-6570. One of the most common things that my clients tell me is that they "just can't get motivated." It can be hard to get out of bed to do the things you know you should do. Let me ask, if your alarm went off 45 minutes earlier so you can get up and exercise before heading into the office, how would you react? Would you allow yourself to make excuses and feed your mind negativity by telling yourself that skipping one day won't hurt, or that exercise for you is pointless?
How about when you're low on time and big on hunger and you pass by that fast food restaurant with the $1 value burger. What choice do you usually make? Yes, eating healthier isn't as easy as picking up convenient, greasy burger with fires. Would you go the extra mile for a healthy meal?
In addition to exercising and eating right, sleep is so important to a healthy lifestyle. So what about your sleep? Do you get enough? When you don't get enough sleep or sleep well, you're less inclined to make healthy food and exercise decisions.
Sleeping well helps you have more energy and can make you passionate about all things in your life. That includes your commitment to your health! And yes, I know, it can be difficult to get enough rest when there are things you think you have to do or you'd rather be doing!
Do you give up your sleep if you have work to do? Do you stay up late partying whenever you can? What can you do about it?
Health Affirmations Can Help!
Everyone who has ever accomplished anything has succeeded because they set a goal and kept going after it. That leads many people to believe that these people have "strong minds" or weren't bothered by the same things that you are. That's all hooey. Everyone has weak moments. The trick is learning how to overcome them!
In those moments when you feel weak and you don't want to eat right, get enough sleep, or exercise, using affirmations that target your health can be just the boost you need to help you make the healthy choice.
An affirmation is a positive statement you can use to replace the negative thought processes that can float through your mind, especially when you are trying to form healthy new habits. If you think they don't work, I have news for you - do they ever!
When you get up in the morning and start to talk yourself out of exercising, saying something like, "Oh, I can skip a day", a negative affirmation is being repeated in your mind. This affirmation is telling you "I can't do it," and you believe it and you don't exercise. So let me ask, if a negative affirmation works, why can't a positive one work also?
The same goes for when you're about to choose junk food instead of the good stuff. You can repeat an affirmation in your mind that will remind you of your desire to live a healthier life. This will help you stay more aware, both consciously and subconsciously, of your healthy living goals.
For example, you can say, "I allow my body to receive enough rest and exercise," or "The more I take care of myself, the better I feel." Using statements like these will give you that gentle push you need when you feel inclined to be lazy and pessimistic.
Make some healthy living affirmations and strive to repeat them to yourself several times each day and whenever you need encouragement. It will take a little time, but within a short while you'll find yourself making healthy decisions more and more often.
Then, after a while it will become routine for you. The more often you choose the healthy lifestyle you desire, the better you'll feel, both physically and mentally, which will reinforce your good habits. Do you really want to make a change in your health? Then make the commitment to your health by incorporating healthy living affirmations into your daily routine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment